Wednesday 21 March 2012

Bakin' Butterflies

Hey :) I have something other than what I'm reading for you this week! Unfortunately it's still not something crafty as I still haven't really felt like doing any cross stitching or finishing off the piece of knitting I was doing. Anyhow, at least it's not books.

So, on Sunday I bought this new magazine called Cake Decorating, (you can find the website for it here) it was 99p and came with a cupcake stand, 2 butterfly cookie cutters and some pink glitter (which is apparently non-toxic but also shouldn't be consumed, I do not get that!). Anyway, since I was really bored yesterday I decided to try and make the butterfly cookies the magazine shows you how to do. Here's how they turned out! :D (Sorry in advance for the rubbish photos, I took them on my Pod)

So this is them before they were iced....


And then, these are after they'd been iced! This was my first time doing anything like this, so I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out!



So, what do you think? My family reckon they taste nice, so quite happy with the way they turned out! We had some spare icing so I'm going to make some Muffins tomorrow to use it up, so there might be another post in a couple of days with more baking pictures!

Hope you all have a great day! :)

1 comments:

Charly Harries said...

They look so yummy!!! Well done. You've got icing skilzzz xx

Post a Comment